Bourg Binder BB3002 EVA / PUR-C
This unique perfect binder enables you to produce from the largest to the smallest range of book sizes ranging from small square books to large custom sizes (see media sheet sizes).
This binder is ideal for on-demand customized applications, producing single books from 2 to 600 sheets (with 90 gsm), in record time. The BB3002 adapts all features automatically to the thickness of each job. Therefore, no manual set-up is required. This reduces loss of productivity and allows a peak speed of 650 cycles per hour, the best of its category!
The BB3002 offers the capability to use EVA/hot melt or PUR-C adhesive systems depending on the customers' needs:
- EVA is ideal to produce on-demand student handouts, medical prescription books (cover with innerflaps/winged books and tear-off sheets), and a wide variety of books for the quickest return on investment.
- PUR-C uses the PUReONETM compact adhesive system with applicator from Nordson. With its 2 to 4 kg adhesive melter, it is ideal to produce on-demand full-color print books such as perfect bound photo books.
Why use EVA/hot melt glue?
Three key reasons to use the EVA/hot melt gluing system:
- A faster production of books;
- Books can be manipulated immediately;
- More economical than PUR glue, the glue can be remelted and there is no expiration date on the glue.
Why use PUR glue?
Five key reasons to use the PUR gluing system:
- Books lay flat;
- Books last longer thanks to a better glue adherence (sheet pull test resistance 12 N/cm (+ 30 to 50 % typically and a higher resistance to low and high temperature environments (e.g., glue does not wear off while reading a book on the beach or on the terrace of a ski station);
- Better application on difficult media (e.g., coated papers, Silicone Fuser Oil on digitally printed sheets or covers with UV coating);
- Less glue and energy used in the process (more ecological).
- Contrary to our competitors' machines, the BB3002 includes a Nordson applicator which makes the gluing system fully closed. The binder does not need to be stopped either during adhesive refill nor every two hours to be cleaned. There is just one purge cup to be emptied every time you start the machine. This results in operation and adhesive savings.
A binder designed to produce all your customers' standard book sizes and even more...
While you try to respond to all your customer needs, reduce costs and increase productivity, the BB3002 enables you to produce up to 350 books/hour in EVA and up to 285 books/hour in PUR-C (up to 650 cycles/hour) from 100 x 90 mm (3.93 x 3.54 in) to 385 x 380 mm (15.15 x 14.96 in). No other binder on the market matches the features set of the BB3002.
Up to 13 positive/negative cover knife creases
Compared to wheel scoring, knife creasing is, by far, the best solution.It offers a superior and cleaner quality result which avoids the printed surface to be damaged and the covers to be cracked. This creasing system is easier to adjust and offers more flexibility as you can perform variable creasing and make books from 2 to 600 sheets.
This is ideal to produce softcover books:
- in EVA with inner flaps (winged books) such as medical prescription books
- On-demand full-color print materials in PUR-C such as photo books.
Optimize the use of your manpower
Every time the operator loads a different book thickness in the BB3002, the specifications are mesured automatically and no manual input is required. You save time and increase your productivity.
All functions including the clamping system, the accuracy adjustment in operation, the barecode scanning, etc. are fully automated.
Furthermore, the color touchscreen interface (GUI) makes the perfect binder very easy to use.
Our modular approach enables your machines to grow at the same time than your business
You can start with a BB3002 perfect binder and later upgrade it by connecting to a Bourg Book Loader (BBL) or a Bourg Book Complier (BBC) with one or two Bourg Sheet Feeder (BSF), one or two Bourg Preparation Module (BPM) and a trimmer CMT-130TC or CMT-330TC working In-Line, Near-Line and Off-Line to increase efficiency.
The key benefit of the BBL is efficiency. The BBL enables your operator to load up to 120 book blocks in less than six minutes. The machine can then work automatically at constant speed of the perfect binder for 8 to 25 minutes. The operator can use this time saved to start packing books that have just been trimmed on the CMT-130TC or CMT-330TC and deliver the customer faster or to perform other urgent tasks on other machines.
The BBC enables you to connect the BB3002 directly to a printer. The binder will therefore be fed sheet by sheet. Once the book block is completed, the book will be glued immediately. Productivity gain is achievedas no intervention of an operator is needed to glue books and there is no need to wait until all book blocks of the job queue are prepared before glueing them.
Finally, your machine can also be equipped with the barcode solution that enables job tracking to maximize productivity and integrity. This is especially useful in “book runs of one” where matching cover to content is critical.
In brief, the BB3002 EVA/PUR-C integrates with your current and future workflow.